Tranquillity® (Ausnoble) is a medium English shrub rose bred by David Austin® in a 6 litre pot. It’s name reflects the pure and peaceful nature of this rose.
It has a bushy upright and vigorous habit. Early buds have yellow tinges and open to produce large rounded pure white rosette blooms with neatly placed petals. This pretty rose has a light fruity fragrance.
Repeat flowers throughout the season and is beautiful in a rose border or combined with other plants in mixed borders. We think it looks lovely in a large pot too. If planting in a border, we recommend planting in groups of the same variety for an impressive display, year after year. This beautiful English shrub rose is suitable for all soil types, prefers full sun or partial shade.
Use David Austin® Mycorrhizal Fungi to help establish roots and encourage good plant health. We also recommend regular feeding, once in late March/early April and again in July with David Austin® Rose Food. Pruning should be done at the start of the year in January or February and after the first summer of flowers, you can cut back all stems to 12″- 18″ (30-45cm) from the ground. In the next 2 years simply prune back to half its height and after five years, you’ll only need to cut back by a third.
Whilst this rose is in flower, we suggest regular deadheading to encourage new bud growth, so you can enjoy beautiful fragrant blooms.
- Medium English Shrub Rose bred by David Austin® (2012)
- 6 litre pot
- White blooms
- Flowering period from June until September (repeats)
- Large rounded rosette blooms
- Light fruity scent
- Position in a sheltered location and in full sun or partial shade (East, South or West facing)
- Suitable for all soil types
- Height: 4ft (125cm) & Spread: 4ft (125cm)
- Suitable for mixed borders, cutting, pots & containers
- Measurements are approximate
- Images courtesy of David Austin® Roses