At Gates Garden Centre, we are very proud to be associated with a number of local good causes and national charities.
Thanks to the generous support of our customers and colleagues, our charitable partnerships have raised an enormous sum of money over the past 20 plus years. Through organising a range of fundraising events, both at the Garden Centre and elsewhere, together with our charity coin fountain, this has enabled us to support many worthy causes, including:
- Air Ambulance
- Anna’s Hope – For Children and Young People with Brain Tumours
- Brain Tumour Research Nottingham
- Chernobyl Children
- Claire Lomas for Spinal Research
- CLIC Sargent – Cancer Support for the Young
- East Midlands Immediate Care Scheme (EMICS)
- Home Start Melton and Rutland
- Hope Against Cancer
- Matt Hampson Foundation
- Millie Baker for Rett Syndrome
- Oakham Medical Practice Crash Trolley Appeal
- Rainbows Children’s Hospice
- The Harley Staples Cancer Trust
- The Parks School, Oakham
- The Romy Fund
- Tom Ray
Read more about our recent fundraising campaign for our 2017/18 nominated charity Tom Ray here.
In late 2018 we launched our newest charity partnership supporting Rainbows Children’s Hospice.
Rainbows provides care and support to life-limited children and their families
Sadly, some children simply don’t live long enough. In 1994 Rainbows opened their doors and hearts to those children and the people who love them most. And now more than ever, they need our help to keep on bringing care and happiness to our children and families.
As the East Midlands only hospice for children and young people, Rainbows is a place where life limited children and their families can find care and support. Their incredible team of people help relieve symptoms, improve quality of life, care for children at the end of life and support parent and sibling through their bereavement.