Amelanchier alnifolia ‘Obelisk’ is an elegant shrub known for it’s simple spring beauty.
A cascade of snow white flowers open in mid to late spring for a beautiful show. New growth unfurls in shades of red before turning dark green in the summer.
Later on in the year, in the autumn, falling leaves put on a final showy display of red and orange. Columnar in habit, this variety will do well in a cottage garden or near a patio.
Plant your Amelanchier in well drained, neutral to acidic soil in a sunny or partly shady spot. This deciduous shrub is ideal for the back of a border and where space is not an issue. Amelanchier are undemanding and easy to care for with pruning only if required.
- Characteristics: Deciduous
- Flowers: White
- Flowering period: April to May
- Position: Full sun/part shade
- Soil type: Fertile, well drained
- Height & Spread: 2.4m x 1m (8ft x 3ft)
- Common names: Serviceberry, Juneberry, Shadbush, Snowy Mespilus
- 10 litre pot
- Measurements are approximate