Use Westland Tree & Shrub Planting & Potting Mix to plant-on or pot-up trees or shrubs.
This 60 litre mix is enriched with a slow-release six month feed and is ideal for sustaining growth.
This Planting & Potting mix will also reduce stress from transplanting and has added Zinc complex and biochar to build resilience, immunity and aid nutrient absorption. This will help your tree or shrub to stand up to pests, diseases and stress.
Easy to use, firstly water the tree or shrub to help ease it out of the container. Then for potting-on, simply place a layer of the mix into a clean pot (with clean crocks) and carefully place the tree or shrub into the new container and infill with the Planting & Potting mix.
If you are planting a tree or shrub into the garden, then dig a hole at least twice the size (and depth) of the diameter of the root ball and sprinkle a thick layer in the base. Then infill around your shrub or tree, firm in the mix around the base and remember to water-in well.
- 60 litres
- Slow release 6 month feed
- Added zinc complex & biochar builds plant resilience
- Supports rooting & fast establishment for trees & shrubs
- Reduces stress from transplanting
- Contains a medium level of peat for a better, more consistent growing medium
- Suitable for pots, containers or beds and borders
- Always take care when lifting, wear gloves & wash hands after use
- Use in a well ventilated place & avoid breathing in dust
- Re-seal bag after use & store in a cool dry place (away from weed killers)
- Not suitable for houseplants or ericaceous (lime hating) plants
- Remember to prune old or dead wood
- Water shrubs & trees regularly & feed after 6 months