Bred as an improvement to pea Onward, this excellent maincrop variety produces heavy yields of juicy, plump marrowfat peas.
The plants show resistance to powdery mildew which is helpful for later sowings. Their compact habit makes them ideal for exposed locations and smaller gardens.
- Pack Contents: Approximately 300 seeds
- When to sow: March to June
- Where to sow: In a prepared seed bed, in flat drills 15cm wide and 5cm deep. Protect early sowings with cloches
- How to sow: Sow in a zig-zag pattern along the drill allowing 5cm between seeds. Space drills 60cm apart. Cover with 5cm of fine soil
- Care: Protect younger plants from birds with twigs or netting. Provide support with pea sticks or netting for easier picking, especially in windy locations. Keep moist and weed free at all times
- When to harvest: Late May to September. Pick regularly for the best yields