Grapevine Vitis vinifera ‘Brandt’ is a hardy grapevine which grows small green flowers and by autumn it bears edible black grapes.
It is a large vigorous climbing deciduous vine with attractive leaves which turn reddish-purple with green veins in the autumn. It develops tendrils to help it cling to its support and prefers a trellis or wires to help it.
This attractive decorative vine is well suited to well-drained pH neutral or alkaline soil and can be planted in borders and beds and next to sheltered walls.
- Potted Grapevine Vitis vinifera ‘Brandt’
- Small green flowers
- Black edible sweet grapes
- Best suited to wine-making
- Suitable for outdoor walls, courtyard, pergolas, beds & borders
- Full sunlight (South or West facing)
- Height: 13-26ft (4-8m)
- Spread: 1.6-3ft (0.5-1m)
- Prefers well-drained soil
- Soil pH: Alkaline, Neutral
- Measurements are approximate