Clematis Josephine ‘Evijohill’ is a vigorous deciduous climber with large star-shaped flowers. It blooms early in the summer and will repeat again later with the right growing conditions. It bears unusual flowers with many layered petals that are cream-green to pink-mauve in colour and resemble rosettes.
This delicate Clematis uses twining leaf stalks to climb support structures and enjoys full sun and is best positioned in a South or West facing direction.
It will take up to five years to achieve full height and spread, and it can be grown in containers, against pergolas, trellis and walls.
Plant the Clematis deep into fertile ground or a container with good compost, to avoid disease problems such as wilt and root rot.
When planting in the ground, we recommend a depth of twice the height of the pot provided to ground level and always plant at an angle and towards the supporting structure, as well providing support wires or framework to the wall or structure you intend to grow it against.
Remember to mulch in late winter and before new growth begins in early spring, we recommend cutting back the previous year’s stems to buds (approximately 8 inches /20cm above soil level).
Please browse our Climbers range for more Clematis inspiration.
- 3 litre potted Clematis Josephine ‘Evijohill’
- Cream-green to pink-mauve rosette style flowers
- Medium – small size climber
- Height up to: 8.2ft (2.5m)
- Spread up to: 4.9ft (1.5m)
- Suitable for containers, walls, trellis or frames
- Full sunlight (South or West facing)
- Plant in sheltered areas
- Plant deep and angle towards supporting structure
- Prone to wilt, powdery mildew, slugs, snails, aphids & caterpillars
- Prefers moist, well-drained soil
- Soil pH: Alkaline, Neutral
- Measurements are approximate