Clematis ‘Dazzle’ is a deciduous and reliable climber which flowers in early summer and repeats in late summer. It produces colourful large star-shaped blooms, which are single purple flowers and each petal has a deep red-purple central bar.
This Clematis uses twining leaf stalks to climb a supporting structure and prefers to be South, West or East facing.
It will take up to five years to achieve full height and spread and it can be grown in containers, against walls, trellis and supports.
Plant the Clematis deep into fertile ground or a container with good compost, to avoid disease problems such as wilt and root rot.
When planting in the ground, we recommend a depth of twice the height of the pot provided to ground level and always plant at an angle and towards the supporting structure, as well providing support wires or framework to the wall or structure you intend to grow it against.
Remember to mulch in late winter and before new growth begins in early spring, we recommend cutting back the previous year’s stems to buds (approximately 8 inches /20cm above soil level).
Please browse our Climbers range for more Clematis inspiration.
- 3 litre potted Clematis ‘Dazzle’
- Single purple flowers with deep red-purple central bars
- Medium-Small size climber
- Height up to: 8.2ft (2.5m)
- Spread up to: 8.2ft (2.5m)
- Suitable for containers, walls, trellis or frames
- Full and partial sunlight (South, West or East facing)
- Plant in exposed or sheltered areas
- Plant deep and angle towards supporting structure
- Prone to wilt, powdery mildew, slugs, snails, aphids & caterpillars
- Prefers moist, well-drained soil
- Soil pH: Alkaline, Neutral
- Measurements are approximate