Clematis ‘Beauty Of Worcester’ is a deciduous climber with bright lilac-blue flowers with white leggy stamen. It uses twining leaf stalks to climb supporting structures and bears double flowers in May and June and repeats with single flowers in September.
This Clematis will take up to five years to achieve full height and spread and is suitable for any aspect and can be used against walls, trellis and large support frames.
Plant the Clematis deep into fertile ground or a container with good compost, to avoid disease problems such as wilt and root rot.
When planting in soil, we recommend a depth of twice the height of the pot provided to ground level and always plant at an angle and towards the supporting structure, as well using support wires or framework to the wall or structure you intend to grow it against.
Remember to mulch in late winter and before new growth begins in early spring, we recommend cutting back the previous year’s stems to buds (approximately 8 inches /20cm above soil level).
We hope you enjoy this pretty Clematis and more Clematis choices are available in our Climbers range.
- 3 litre potted Clematis ‘Beauty Of Worcester’
- Lilac-blue flowers
- Medium – small climber
- Height: 6-8ft (1-2.5m)
- Spread: 3ft (1m)
- Suitable for outdoor walls, borders, courtyards & trellis frames
- Any aspect – sun or shade (North, South, East or West facing)
- Plant deep and angle towards supporting structure
- Prone to wilt & powdery mildew, slugs, snails, aphids & caterpillars
- Prefers moist, well-drained soil
- Soil pH: Acid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Tolerates most soil types
- Measurements are approximate