Clematis armandii is a long lived early bloomer and bears clusters of scented creamy-white flowers with matching creamy-yellow stamens. Flowers appear typically in early to mid spring.
This Clematis is a large deciduous and vigorous climber that uses twining leaf stalks to climb supporting structures and enjoys protected areas in full sun, typically South or West facing. It will take up to ten years to achieve full height and spread. It is great for growing against tall walls, trellis and anything that can support it’s spread and height.
To avoid disease problems such as wilt and root rot, plant the Clematis deep into fertile ground.
When planting in the ground, we recommend a depth of twice the height of the pot provided to ground level and always plant at an angle and towards the supporting structure, as well providing support wires or framework to the wall or structure you intend to grow it against.
Remember to mulch in late winter and before new growth begins in early spring, we recommend cutting back the previous year’s stems to buds (approximately 8 inches /20cm above soil level).
Please browse our Climbers range for more Clematis inspiration.
- 3 litre potted Clematis armandii
- Large climber
- Cream-white flowers
- Height up to: 26.2ft (8m)
- Spread up to: 8.2ft (2.5m)
- Suitable for outdoor walls and large support trellis or frames
- Full & partial sunlight (South or West facing)
- Plant in exposed or sheltered areas
- Plant deep and angle towards supporting structure
- Prone to wilt & powdery mildew, slugs, snails, aphids & caterpillars
- Prefers moist, well-drained soil
- Soil pH: Alkaline, Neutral
- Tolerates most soil types
- Measurements are approximate