Cordyline australis ‘Charlie Boy’ also known as cabbage palm is a half-hardy shrub which has very striking foliage and is full of colour. The foliage is an attractive mix of apricot and burgundy colours.
It has a strong stem which becomes more prominent with age, because of new growth at the top of the stem and some lower leaves shed. This shrub is eye-catching and will look stunning in a pot, with it’s foliage radiating from it’s core.
Cordyline australis ‘Charlie Boy’ prefers full sunlight, but can survive in partial shade. It likes fertile, well-drained soil and with the right conditions can grow up to 3m in height.
Although, this shrub is quite robust, British weather can sometimes be too cold. So, remember to move it to shelter during winter or poor weather conditions.
- 2 litre potted Cordyline australis ‘Charlie Boy’
- Height up to: 3m (9.84ft)
- Spread up to: 1m (3.28ft)
- Full or partial sunlight
- Plant in a large container so it can be moved to shelter
- Prefers sheltered areas & well-drained soil
- Use fertile well drained soil
- Measurements are approximate