Westland Hydroleca is perfect for creating a beneficial microclimate.
Formed from ceramic clay pebbles, Westland Hydroleca granules have a smooth, dense outer skin and honeycomb like centre, which holds water and releases it slowly to your plants as and when the roots require. This makes caring for houseplants easier, giving you impressive indoor plant displays.
Hydroleca is both decorative and practical. It gives houseplants the perfect finish and due to its cellular nature forms an ideal microclimate around your plants, so the soil near the roots stay adequately moist and the air around the plants remain sufficiently humid.
Simply place a layer of the clay granules around every plant. You can also spread Hyfroleca over a shallow tray and place houseplants pots over the layer. Be sure your pots have drainage holes. This prevents houseplants sitting directly in water which is bad for the roots.
It does not compact and is unaffected by frost which allows it to be used outdoors as well as indoors.
- Decorative pot topper for indoor and outdoor use
- Lightweight ceramic clay pebbles
- Re-sealable 10 litre bag
- Ideal for house plants
- Good insulating properties due to its cellular nature
- Granules absorb water and release it slowly to plant roots
- Protects from over-watering and creates a beneficial micro-climate for leaves
- Ideal for crocking and improving humidity