Westland Hydrangea Colourant will help to turn your Hydrangeas from pink to blue.
Made from iron and aluminium salts, this product will acidify the soil to turn light pink flowers blue and darker pink flowers mauve. Just remember that a few varieties of hydrangea have been specifically bred to produce pink flowers regardless of soil acidity, so it’s worth checking the label if you have it.
Westland Hydrangea colourant will work best on plants that are growing in acid soils, so for the best results we would advise you to double the application rate of the colourant or add ericaceous compost to soils that are naturally alkaline.
How to use
Between April and September mix the Hydrangea Colourant with the soil around the base of the plant at a rate of 50g per square metre.
Every 7 days during the growing season, dissolve 50g of colourant in 5 litres of water and apply to the soil around the plant. Be careful not to get any on the leaves.
When planting Hydrangeas in containers, mix in 50g of colourant per 5 litres of compost, then continue to water as above every 7 days.
- Contains Potassium to boost flowering
- Pack size 500g
- Can be used to improve the colour & health of lime hating shrubs such as Azaleas & Rhododendrons
- A combination of iron and aluminium salts
- Acidifies the soil to produce blue flowers
- Always read the label before use
- Keep out of reach of children and animals
- Can cause serious eye damage so if this product gets in your eyes:
- Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes
- If wearing contact lenses, remove them immediately and rinse eyes
- Call a doctor or poison centre immediately
- Wear personal protective equipment such as gloves, eye protection or face protection
- Contains Aluminium Sulfate Hexadecahydrate CAS No. 10043-01-3