Use Westland Ericaceous Planting & Potting Mix to plant-on or pot-up ericaceous plants.
This 25 litre mix is enriched with a slow-release six month feed. It’s ideal for sustaining and supporting the growth of azaleas, camellias, rhododendrons and other ericaceous plants.
This Planting & Potting mix comes with slow-release Iron to enhance acidity, which is necessary for green and glossy foliage.
The mix supports general plant health and has added Zinc complex to build resilience and immunity, which will help your plant to stand up to pests, diseases and stress.
Easy to use, firstly water the ericaceous plant to help ease it out of the container. For potting-on, simply place a layer of the mix into a clean pot (with clean crocks) and carefully place the plant into the new container and infill with the Ericaceous Planting & Potting mix.
If you are planting directly into the garden, then dig a hole at least twice the size (and depth) of the diameter of the root ball and sprinkle a thick layer in the base. Then, infill around and firm in the mix around the plant base. Remember to water-in well.
- 25 litres (Medium)
- Ideal for azaleas, camellias, rhododendrons & other ericaceous plants
- Slow release 6 month feed & iron to maintain acidity around roots
- Promotes growth of greener and glossier foliage
- Added zinc complex builds plant resilience
- Supports rooting & fast establishment for trees & shrubs
- Reduces stress from transplanting
- Contains a medium level of peat for a better, more consistent growing medium
- Suitable for pots, containers or beds and borders
- Always take care when lifting, wear gloves & wash hands after use
- Use in a well ventilated place & avoid breathing in dust
- Re-seal bag after use & store in a cool dry place (away from weed killers)
- Water plants regularly & feed after 6 months