Westland Bonsai Potting Mix is ready to use straight from the bag and is the perfect medium for potting Bonsai trees.
This 4 litre blend includes wood fibres which provide an open structure to improve aeration. It’s also enriched with water-retaining Seramis, to provide the perfect balance of drainage with moisture retention. This will help a Bonsai to develop a healthy root system and thrive.
Westland Bonsai Potting Mix includes all nutrients needed for the first 6-8 weeks. After this, we recommend using Westland Bonsai Feed Concentrate to ensure the Bonsai has access to correct nutrient levels.
Easy to use, simply tease away old compost and tidy roots from the Bonsai, and place a layer of Potting Mix in a clean container. Place the Bonsai carefully into the potting mix and fill around the Bonsai with the mix. Keep out of the sun initially to enable the Bonsai to recover from being transplanted and water regularly. Inspect your Bonsai every Spring to check if it requires potting on.
- 4 litres
- Specialist blend for Bonsai trees
- Includes all the nutrients needed for the first 6-8 weeks
- Encourages strong roots & healthy trees
- Open structured wood fibre compost for good aeration
- Contains Seramis to retain necessary moisture & nutrients
- Grows strong & healthy Bonsai trees
- Always wear gloves & wash hands afterwards
- Use in a well ventilated place and avoid breathing in dust
- Each spring check the roots of your bonsai tree to see if it needs potting on
- Trim roots before adding fresh Westland Bonsai Potting Mix
- Water regularly
- In spring & early summer, feed your Bonsai every 2 weeks
- Store Bonsai Potting Mix in a cool dry place