Grapevine Vitis vinifera ‘Riesling’ is a vigorous woody climbing deciduous white grape variety vine, with attractive green leaves which is thought to originate from the Rhine region in Germany. It will grow yellow-green grapes later in the season and it can cope with cooler weather, but prefers sheltered spots.
Foliage will remain green throughout the summer and autumn, and flowers are also green, before the grapes appear.
It enjoys growing inside or outside and so it is suitable for your conservatory, south facing walls or outdoor trellis frameworks. Although, this vine will tend to only bear fruits outside if the summer has been hot and long.
- Small green flowers
- Edible yellow-green grapes
- Ideal for white wine-making
- Suitable for indoor conservatories, outdoor walls, courtyards, pergolas, beds & borders
- Full sunlight (South or West facing)
- Prefers well-drained soil
- Soil pH: Alkaline, Neutral
- Height: 49ft (15m)
- Spread: 13ft (4m)
- Grows indoors or outdoors
- Measurements are approximate