Vitax Organic Calcified Seaweed is a natural soil and lawn conditioner.
A naturally occurring soil conditioner, Calcified Seaweed is a red seaweed which grows on the seabed in a coral-like structure.
Once applied to soil, Calcified Seaweed quickly breaks down and gradually releases calcium, magnesium carbonate and other trace elements.
- Breaks down heavy soil
- Improves soil structure
- Long lasting, apply once every three years
As Calcified Seaweed starts to break down, it sweetens the soil with the increase in microbial activity. It is this activity which helps plants and crops to develop stronger roots, promoting vigorous plant growth.
Organic, Calcified Seaweed will last in the soil for a longer period than finely ground lime leading to a gradual, prolonged effect on a soil’s pH.
Rich in minerals, it neutralises acidic soil and can also be used to dress lawns in early spring to improve soil and grass condition.
To apply to soil, spread over the desired area and lightly rake or hoe in.
Just a single application every three years will normally prove sufficient to maintain these benefits.
- Neutralises acid soils and breaks down heavy soil
- Pack size: 2.5kg
- Long lasting, apply every 3 years
- Encourages beneficial bacteria for stronger roots
- Suitable for outdoor use
- Read directions carefully before use and do not exceed the recommended application rates
- Store in a dry place.
- Keep out of reach from children, pets, and foodstuffs
- Avoid lodging product on leaves and stems
- Not suitable for use with ericaceous plants