Tulipa ‘Red Riding Hood’ is a compact tulip with purple-marked leaves and large, solitary, bright scarlet flowers. These large flowers grow up to 10cm/4″, blooming throughout April and May.
These short-stemmed tulips grow to a height of around 30cm and naturalise easily, coming back to delight year after year. A recipient of the Royal Horticultural Society’s Award of Garden Merit, this variety is hardy and durable with consistent results and excellent disease or pest resistance.
For the best visual impact, plant in groups among other spring flowering bulbs for a stunning and colourful display in beds, borders, containers and rock gardens.
‘Red Riding Hood’ tulips will grow in a wide range of different soils, provided there is good drainage, in a position of full sun or partial shade. Plant at a depth and spread of 10cm/4″.
- Recipient of the Royal Horticultural Society’s Award of Garden Merit
- Bulb count per pack: 20 bulbs
- Flower colour: Red
- Flowering months: April, May
- Flowering height: 30cm/12″
- Hardiness: Fully hardy
- When to plant: August to November
- Planting depth: 10cm/4″
- Bulb spacing: 10cm/4″
- Soil type: A wide range of soils with good drainage
- Sunlight: Full sun, Partial shade
- Special Features: Ideal for pots