The Stihl HLA 56 Cordless Long-Reach Hedge Trimmer is a high performing battery operated trimmer.
The cordless HLA 56 will give you a neat and uniform finish on large hedges and shrubs.
Double-sided blades and droplet shaped cutting teeth with large tooth spacing help to draw in branches and cut without fraying.
Easy to use, with a loop handle, this lightweight tool can be simply adjusted at the push of a button from -45° to + 90° (without the need for any additional tools). These angles are particularly useful for cutting the top and sides of hedges.
For added peace of mind, the locking lever is self-resetting and prevents unintentional switching on of the device. The ERGO and shift lever both need to be pressed in order to work continuously for safety. And a tip protector makes sure you won’t damage the blade, walls or fences.
The shaft of the HLA 56 is detachable for easy transport and storage and you’ll be able to use the wall mounted storage bracket to save space in a shed or garage.
This hedge trimmer shell is part of the AK System range of cordless tools which requires a AK 20 lithium-ion battery and AL 101 battery charger. The battery has an integrated charge level indicator (LED), so you’ll be able to see clearly when it needs charging.
- Part of Stihl’s AK System range, which uses interchangeable batteries for medium sized & larger gardens
- Opposing blade movement means less effort needed
- 135° adjustable head for easy working overhead or at ground level
- Cuts up to 460m² of hedge on one battery charge
- No fraying with optimised Stihl blade cutting performance
- Optimised cutting angle for maximum performance
- Easy vertical & horizontal cutting
- Extra long shaft for long reach
- Tip protector protects blades, walls & fences
- Droplet shaped blade catches branches for a more effective cut
- Rounded handle grip for easy cutting at all angles
- Ergonomic with rubberised comfort & secure grip
- Extra battery protection & perfect integration
- Perfectly balanced so minimal effort required when handling
- Locking lever (orange front), ERGO lever (black) and main trigger lever (orange)
- Detachable shaft for easy transport & storage
- SHELL ONLY – Requires AK 20 battery & AL 101 (or AL 100, AL 300 and AL 500) battery charger
- Always wear snug fitting clothing & protective foot and eyewear to stay safe when operating garden machinery
- Operate at a safe distance from others (15 metres minimum)
- To extend the length of the HLA 56 by an extra 50cm there is an optional extension shaft available to order (please speak call for more information)