Sorbaria sorbifolia ‘Sem’ is a compact deciduous thicket-forming shrub and has stiff upright small white flowers in the summer.
It has distinctive upright stems and leaf colouring, which is an interesting mix of yellow-green flush with bright reddish-pink and bronze in spring leaves.The leaves change colour through the seasons and are greener in summer, but redder in autumn.
This versatile shrub will do well in both full or partial sunlight, facing any direction and can be planted in either a sheltered or exposed position. It has a suckering habit and can take up to five years to achieve full height and spread.
You will find this shrub grows well in beds and borders, because it prefers moist and well drained fertile soil. It is reasonably low maintenance and generally resistant to pests and disease.
- 2 litre potted Sorbaria sorbifolia ‘Sem’
- Height up to: 1.5m (4.92ft)
- Spread up to: 1.5m (4.92ft)
- Generally pest & disease resistant
- RHS Award of Garden Merit
- Full or partial sunlight (any aspect)
- Sheltered or exposed areas
- Prefers fertile, moist & well-drained soil
- Soil pH: Alkaline, Neutral
- Measurements are approximate