Skimmia japonica subsp. reevesiana (Gold Series) is a self-fertile Japanese skimmia.
This flowering evergreen compact shrub has deep green leaves and bears lots of flower panicles in spring and early summer from beautiful small buds. This is followed by glossy red berries.
It’s an acid-loving plant that grows well in garden beds, borders or pots and prefers ericaceous soil.
We recommend feeding skimmia with either Azalea, Camellia & Rhododendron Continuous Release Plant Food or Sequestered Iron. And we think skimmia look lovely when planted with heathers or winter pansies. These plants will all thrive together in ericaceous soil, so you can enjoy a lovely display.
- Collection: Gold Series
- Characteristics: Compact evergreen shrub
- Flowering period: Spring flowers
- Position: Full sun or partial shade
- Soil type: Moist & well-drained ericaceous soil
- Pot size (& Pot Height): 15cm (H: 25cm)