Scilla siberica, also known as ‘Siberian squill’, is an award winning perennial that grows delicate spikes of nodding, bell-shaped, blue flowers that appear in early spring. These flowers bloom in March and April above slender, strap-shaped leaves.
A recipient of the Royal Horticultural Society’s Award of Garden Merit, this variety is hardy and dependable with excellent disease and pest resistance.
These bulbs are perfect for naturalising in lawns and areas of semi-shade, particularly beneath deciduous shrubs and trees. Expect a stunning display when planted as an edging for flower beds or as a border fronting shrubberies. Scilla siberica can also be used in a rockery for a splash of intense blue or use it as a colourful background for other flowering bulbs.
They will thrive in well-drained soil, in full sun or partial shade. Plant the bulbs 5cm/2″ deep and 8cm/3″ apart.
- Recipient of the Royal Horticultural Society’s Award of Garden Merit
- Bulb count per pack: 15 bulbs
- Flower colour: Blue
- Flowering months: March, April
- Flowering height: 15cm/6″
- Hardiness: Hardy in all of the UK and northern Europe
- When to plant: August, September, October, November
- Planting depth: 5cm/2″
- Bulb spacing: 8cm/3″
- Soil type: Well drained
- Sunlight: Full sun, Partial shade
- Special features: RHS award winner, Ideal for pots, Naturalising