Sarcococca hookeriana ‘Purple Stem’ is a delightfully, fragrant winter shrub.
Bearing an abundance of dainty white flowers, the Christmas Box or Sweet Box is a popular choice for flower arranging and winter gardens. Glossy pointed leaves are borne on attractive purple stems and new growth is a flushed pink in colour.
Ornamental black berries grow after flowering throughout the year.
Plant your Sarcococca in any well drained, fertile soil and in a sunny or shady spot. This evergreen shrub is ideal for the front of a garden border or in a pot on the patio.
- Characteristics: Evergreen
- Flowers: White
- Flowering period: January to March
- Position: Full sun/part shade
- Soil type: Fertile, well drained
- Height & Spread: up to 75cm (2.5ft) tall
- Common names: Christmas Box, Sweet Box
- 4 litre pot
- Measurements are approximate