Olea europaea ‘Alberello’ Olive Tree also known as common olive is a rounded evergreen olive tree.
This tree is ideal for a pot or container, but it can be planted in the garden too. Olive trees add interest to patios and look spectacular paired at an entrance or doorway.
Choose between three sizes:
- Quarter Standard (Stem: 80cm -100cm)
- Half Standard (Stem: 140cm – 160cm)
- Standard (Stem: 170cm – 180cm)
This tree has attractive small grey-green leathery leaves and produces tiny small fragrant, creamy-white flowers. Flowers are followed by edible green fruits, which ripen to black.
We recommend planting this olive in sandy soil or back fill with soil mixed with peat substitute and use a fertiliser suitable for olives from March until November, at least once a month. Remember to water regularly, but not to excess.
As the olive tree grows it can be pruned to a desired shape in spring.
- 3 Sizes: Quarter, Half & Standard
- Characteristics: Grey-green foliage, small fragrant creamy-white flowers & produces edible olives
- Care: Easy & low maintenance
- Flowering period: June -August
- Ideal for: Large pots or containers on patios or near entrances
- Position: Full sun
- Soil type: Sandy & well drained
- Height (max): 10m
- Spread (max): 10m
- Tips: Frost hardy, but protect during cold months