Narcissus ‘Yellow Sailboat’ (Jonquilla Daffodil) produces sweet-smelling flowers, that bloom with vibrant golden-yellow petals and tall yellow cups.
These bulbs are best planted at the front of sunny borders or in a container on a patio, to add a splash of gold to the garden in the middle of Spring. They can also be planted directly into neutral soil in woodland or a lawn where they will naturalise season after season.
Plant the bulbs roughly 10cm deep in well-drained soil, and either 10cm apart for a uniform aesthetic or in clumps to create a cluster of yellow. Narcissi are best planted in a position where they are sheltered from strong winds.
- Flowering period: March – April
- Lemon yellow Daffodils with reflexed petals and deep cups
- Upright, grass-like foliage
- Height: up to 20cm (8″)
- Hardiness: Fully hardy
- 8 x Narcissus ‘Yellow Sailboat’ bulbs (size 10-12cm)
- Suitable for: containers, borders and rock gardens, or in woodland or lawns to create a naturalised area
- Plant: August onwards
- Plant 10cm (4″) deep & 10cm (4″) apart
- Position: Full sun or partial shade, sheltered from wind
- Preferred soil type: Well-drained but moist
- Keep soil moist after planting and during the growing period
- May require mulching to protect from frost during winter months
- Bulbs must not be eaten