Narcissus ‘Yellow Sailboat’ (Jonquilla Daffodil) produces sweet-smelling flowers, that bloom with vibrant golden-yellow petals and tall yellow cups.
Appearing throughout March and April, these daffodils will grow to a modest height of around 15cm.
These ‘Yellow Sailboat’ bulbs are, therefore, best planted at the front of sunny borders or in a container on a patio, to add a splash of gold to the garden in the middle of Spring. They can also be planted directly into neutral soil in woodland or a lawn where they will naturalise season after season.
Plant the bulbs in full sun or partial shade, roughly 10cm deep in well-drained soil, and either 10cm apart for a uniform aesthetic or in clumps to create a cluster of yellow. Fully hardy in the UK, the foliage should be allowed to die naturally as early removal can cause the bulb not to flower in the following year.
- Bulb count per pack: 9 bulbs
- Flower colour: Yellow
- Flowering months: March, April
- Flowering height: 15cm/6″
- Hardiness: Fully hardy
- When to plant: August to November
- Planting depth: 10cm/4″
- Bulb spacing: 10cm/4″
- Soil type: A wide range of soils with good drainage
- Sunlight: Full sun, Partial shade
- Special Features: Ideal for pots, Scented