The West Country Lupin ‘Masterpiece’ is an early bloomer and has beautiful standards with rich purple blooms and orange flecks.
Lupinus ‘Masterpiece’ has been grown in-house at Gates Garden Centre. It produces an abundance of flowers with strong flower stems and is perfect for the middle or the back of a garden border or a large pot.
‘Masterpiece’ produces sharp flower spikes with excellent form, which can reach up to 75cm / 2.5′ in height.
Regularly used in Chelsea Flower Show display gardens, this lupin will add a splash of colour to any outdoor space.
Plant in a sunny or partly shaded position. Water and feed regularly throughout the season.
- 3 litre recyclable pot
- Colour: Rich purple with orange flecks
- Height up to 70cm / 2.5′
- Flowering period: June to July
- Hardiness: Hardy herbaceous perennial
- Suitable for beds and borders
- Used in Chelsea Flower Show display gardens
- Grown at Gates Garden Centre on-site nursery
- Partial or full sunlight
- Prefers moist and well drained soil
- Water pot well before planting and leave to drain
- Dig twice the size of the pot
- Mix in compost and fertiliser to the soil
- Remove pot & place root ball level with the soil
- Top off with compost and fertiliser
- Firm in well and water regularly