The Crocus kotschyanus produces beautiful goblet-shaped flowers in bright pink hues, that grow on a pale white stem without any foliage – the grass-like leaves will be seen in spring.
These flowers can be grown in pots or containers, as well as in rock gardens and borders, and will happily naturalise in an area over a few years. Kotschy’s Crocus is also a magnet for pollinators like insects and birds, making the area these are grown in a little haven for our endangered bees.
Plant these Crocus kotschyanus bulbs 8cm deep into gritty soil, and for the best results, plant them in groups to eventually create a blanket of blooms.
- Recipient of the Royal Horticultural Society’s Award of Garden Merit
- A member of the RHS Plants for Pollinators collection
- Bulb count per pack: 12 bulbs
- Flower colour: Purple
- Flowering months: September, October, November
- Flowering height: 13cm/5″
- Hardiness: Fully hardy
- When to plant: July to October
- Planting depth: 8cm/3″
- Bulb spacing: 10cm/4″
- Soil type: Moist but well drained
- Sunlight: Full sun
- Special Features: Pollinator friendly, RHS award winner, Ideal for pots