Hydrangea machrophylla ‘Blue Ball’ also known as Hydrangea machrophylla ‘Bela’ is a beautiful and traditional cottage garden plant, with large blue ball shaped flowers and glossy green leaves. This Hydrangea will bloom from summer until autumn.
To retain blue blooms, this Hydrangea will benefit from being planted in acidic soil. Otherwise, the flower colour will gradually change to pink in the following years.
This compact and bushy shrub thrives in sheltered borders and ideal for a woodland garden.
We recommend you water and feed this Hydrangea regularly.
- Flower colour & shape: Large blue ball shaped flowers
- Characteristics: Deciduous shrub
- Position: Sheltered & partial shade
- Soil type: Acidic, moist & well-drained
- Height & spread: up to 2m