The Hosta ‘Queen Josephine’ is a mid-sized selection with shiny and pointed green leaves. These leaves feature a wide yellow margin that gradually matures through to cream and then white.
Lavender blue flowers appear in the summer, supplementing the impressive mound of glossy foliage. When mature, this foliage will reach a height of 45cm and a spread of 90cm.
The ‘Queen Josephine’ Hosta, grown in-house at Gates Garden Centre, can be planted among other perennials in beds and borders or in patio tubs and containers. It is perfect as groundcover or to underplant shrubs and roses and can be used in both city and informal cottage gardens.
Plant from its 3 litre pot into a position of partial shade in fertile, moist and well drained soil. Watch for slugs and snails which could damage the attractive foliage, remove spent foliage as required and clear up dead foliage when it dies back at the end of the growing season. Propagate by division in late summer or early spring.
- Hosta ‘Queen Josephine’ in a 3 litre pot
- Flower colour: Purple and blue
- Foliage colour: Green, yellow, cream and white
- Position: Partial shade
- Aspect: North-facing, West-facing or East-facing
- Soil type: Fertile, moist and well-drained
- Hardiness: Fully hardy
- Flowering period: June to July
- Plant height: 45cm
- Plant width: 90cm
- Grown in-house at Gates Garden Centre