Hebe ‘Purple Pixie’ also known as Hebe ‘Mohawk’ or shrubby veronica is a rounded, dwarf evergreen shrub. It grows small, spear-shaped green leaves that provide a bright display all year round as well as beautiful clusters of upright lilac-blue flowers that are freely produced from July through to September.
Growing to a height and spread of approximately 60cm it is a great choice for providing evergreen structure, colour and form to garden borders and sunny patio pots. It is easy to care for and perfect for low maintenance gardens.
Plant into full sun or partial shade, with poor to moderately fertile, well-drained soils. It has a preference for moderately alkaline to neutral soil and should be protected from cold drying winds. It requires little maintenance and should rarely be affected by pests or disease however it can be damaged by aphids or downy mildew.
- Hebe ‘Purple Pixie’ in a 2 litre pot
- Flower colour: Purple
- Foliage colour: Green, Orange
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade
- Aspect: South-facing, East-facing or West-facing
- Soil moisture: Moist but well drained
- Soil pH: Alkaline, Neutral
- Hardiness: Hardy through most of the UK
- Flowering period: July to September
- Plant height: up to 60cm
- Plant width: up to 60cm