A compact evergreen shrub, Hebe ‘Pascal’ produces attractive lance-shaped green leaves that gradually turn to a burgundy-bronze colour in the winter. Between June and August it will produce plump lavender flower spikes that stand upright above the foliage.
When fully grown it will reach a height and spread of approximately 60cm making it perfect for use at the front of a summer border or in a container on the patio. With its colour-changing foliage it is also perfect for adding some colour to a winter garden.
Plant in a position of full sun or partial shade into any soil that is moist but well drained. Water well after planting and during dry spells through the first growing season. Once established they are fairly drought resistant and will only need watering in very dry conditions. Watch for aphids, leaf spot or downy mildew.
Feed in spring and summer with a high potash fertiliser and remove spent flowers after flowering to encourage a further flush of flowers.
- Hebe ‘Pascal’ in a 2 litre pot
- Flower colour: Lavender, Purple, Blue
- Foliage colour: Green, Purple
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade
- Aspect: Any facing
- Soil moisture: Moist but well drained
- Soil pH: Alkaline, Neutral
- Hardiness: Hardy through most of the UK
- Flowering period: June to August
- Plant height: up to 60cm
- Plant width: up to 60cm