Hebe ‘Celebration’ is a recently introduced, half-hardy shrub that will form a tight mound of evergreen, variegated, yellow-green foliage. It will also form cluster of purple pink flowers that will appear in late spring on upright burgundy stems.
When fully grown it will reach a height and width of approximately 1m. It is perfect for use in shrub borders, as ground-cover or as low-growing hedging and is relatively low maintenance. It can also be used in large pots or containers and to decorate a rock garden.
When planting, try to find a position of full sun or partial shade with soil that is moist but well drained. Watch for aphids, fungal leaf spot, root rot and downy mildew. Remove deadheads from the plant when they start to shrivel up to extend and support its flowering season.
- A Hebe ‘Celebration’ in a 2 litre pot
- Flower colour: Purple, Pink
- Foliage colour: Green, Yellow
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade
- Aspect: Any facing
- Soil moisture: Moist but well drained
- Soil pH: Alkaline, Neutral
- Hardiness: Hardy through most of the UK
- Flowering period: May to June
- Plant height: up to 1m
- Plant width: up to 1m