Geranium ‘Chocolate Candy‘ is a pretty herbaceous perennial with chocolate coloured scalloped leaves and pretty light-pink flowers on upright stems. This is a hybrid geranium which is clump and mat forming.
When it flowers during the summer it will attract bees, butterflies and moths.
Reaching an eventual height of around 20cm and a spread of 60cm, this compact plant is perfect in beds or borders, as ground cover or to underplant shrubs and roses. It can also be used for containers, prairie planting, wildflower meadows and wildlife gardens.
It is hardy through most of the UK down to around -5 degrees and should be planted in a position of full or partial sun. Plant into moist but well drained, neutral or alkaline soil. It is easy to grow but may be susceptible to vine weevil, capsid bug and sawflies.
Remove flowered stems and old leaves to encourage the production of fresh leaves or flowers and propagate by basal cuttings or division in spring.
- Geranium ‘Chocolate Candy’ in a 2 litre pot
- Flower colour: Pink
- Foliage colour: Purple, Brown
- Position: Full sun, Partial shade
- Aspect: Any facing
- Soil moisture: Moist but well drained
- Soil pH: Acid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Hardiness: Hardy in most places throughout the UK down to around -10 degrees
- Flowering period: May to September
- Plant height: 20cm
- Plant width: 60cm