Garland Hydrangea Runaway Bride also known as Snow White bears many pretty lacey white petals coupled with glossy green foliage.
This new hydrangea in a 3.5 litre pot flowers profusely throughout the summer and unlike other hydrangeas, it shoots tips from every single side bud to create a wonderful display. Growth appears from all terminal and lateral buds during late spring and early summer.
Garland Hydrangea Runaway Bride has an elegant growth habit and is ideal for large pots, containers or very large hanging baskets. This hardy shrub is suitable for patios, balconies, terraces or garden beds and does well in semi-shady areas outside.
Preferring rich compost and regular watering, this hyrdangea will also benefit from regular fertiliser applications.
This shrub can reach up to 1 metre in diameter and a height of 60-80cm. Pruning isn’t necessary, but if you do need to cut it back, then we recommend pruning after the full flush of flowers (not before August 1st). After the full flush of flowers, this hydrangea produces lots of fresh new shoots from the base. These are new ‘garlands’ for the following year.
- Pretty white lacey petals & glossy green foliage
- 3.5 litre pot
- Flowers summer and well into Autumn
- Semi Cascading unique & graceful spreading habit
- Up to 15-20 flowers on each stem
- Height & Spread: 60-80cm & up to 1 metre in diameter
- Position in partial shade
- Moist & well-drained soil
- Hardy shrub (hardy to -20°C)
- Plant of the year 2018 RHS Chelsea flower show