Dwarf Iris ‘J. S. Dijt’ (Iris Reticulata) are reddish purple flowers that bloom with splashes of yellow and white on the falls, and feature a light fragrance.
Bringing colour to the garden in late winter, these flowers are perfect for planting at the front of flowering borders, in pots and containers on a patio, or can be used as cut flowers in floral arrangements indoors. If left undisturbed in soil, this flower will naturalise effectively over time.
Plant these bulbs around 8cm deep in the soil, and roughly 5-8cm apart from each other allow space for flowers to bloom. Iris bulbs can cause irritation to the skin, therefore it is recommended to wear gloves when planting.
- Reddish maroon purple flowers featuring yellow streaks and white blotches
- Best planted in September to November
- Position in full sun or partial shade
- Requires well-drained soil
- Flowers in February & March
- Average size: 15cm x 10cm
- Pack of 12 bulbs