Dianthus ‘Memories’ is an evergreen perennial with pure, bright white double flowers and an outstanding spicy scent.
Blooming in late spring through summer, the elegant blossoms rise on short, stout stems above a low cushion of grassy blue-green leaves.
It will grow to a height and spread of approximately 30cm and is perfect for adding a splash of clean and bright colour to the garden.
This Dianthus would be an excellent addition among sunny rock gardens, in a container or at the front of a delightful summer border.
Fully hardy, this perennial can be left outside through the toughest of winters with no frost protection, to be enjoyed in the summer, with its beautiful blooms appearing from May to August.
Look for a position of full or partial sun, into moist but well drained, neutral or alkaline soil. Watch for slugs or aphids and deadhead regularly to prolong flowering.
- Dianthus ‘Memories’ in a 1.5 litre pot
- Flower colour: White
- Foliage colour: Blue/Green
- Position: Full sun
- Aspect: West facing, South facing or East-facing
- Soil moisture: Moist but well drained
- Soil pH: Alkaline, Neutral
- Hardiness: Hardy in the UK down to -15 degrees
- Flowering period: May to August
- Plant height: 30cm
- Plant width: 30cm