Dianthus ‘Bling Bling’ is a reliable and easy to grow border perennial, producing primrose yellow blooms that are striped with irregular red markings. These charming flowers bloom above a neat, spreading mount of grey-green foliage that remains evergreen.
With regular deadheading these flowers can bloom from July until September making them perfect for a cut flower garden or a sustained summer border display.
Fully hardy in all of the UK, this perennial can be left outside through the toughest of winters with no frost protection. Look for a position of full sun and plant into well drained, neutral or alkaline soil. Watch for slugs or aphids and deadhead regularly to prolong flowering.
- Dianthus ‘Bling Bling’ in a 1.5 litre pot
- Flower colour: Yellow
- Foliage colour: Green
- Position: Full sun
- Aspect: South-facing, East-facing or West-facing
- Soil moisture: Well drained
- Soil pH: Alkaline, Neutral
- Hardiness: Hardy in all of the UK
- Flowering period: July to September
- Plant height: 30cm
- Plant width: 40cm