Imogen (Austritch) is an upright medium English shrub rose bred by David Austin® in a 6 litre pot. The name takes inspiration from the character Imogen in William Shakespeare’s play Cymbeline.
It has a bushy habit and produces frilly light yellow to cream blooms, arranged around a button eye and has a delicate fruity fragrance.
This rose is beautiful in a rose border or combined with other plants in mixed borders. We think it looks lovely in a large pot too. If planting in a border, we recommend planting in groups of the same variety for an impressive display, year after year. This beautiful English shrub rose is suitable for all soil types, prefers full sun or partial shade and makes a great rose for cutting too.
Use David Austin® Mycorrhizal Fungi to help establish roots and encourage good plant health. We also recommend regular feeding, once in late March/early April and again in July with David Austin® Rose Food. Pruning should be done at the start of the year in January or February and after the first summer of flowers, you can cut back all stems to 12″- 18″ (30-45cm) from the ground. In the next 2 years simply prune back to half its height and after five years, you’ll only need to cut back by a third.
Whilst this rose is in flower, we suggest regular deadheading to encourage new bud growth, so you can enjoy beautiful fragrant blooms.
- Medium English Shrub Rose bred by David Austin® (2016)
- 6 litre
- Pale yellow frilly petals around a button eye
- Flowers from June until September (repeats)
- Light fruity scent
- Position in a sheltered location in full sun or partial shade (East, South or West facing)
- Suitable for all soil types
- Height: 3ft (91cm) & Spread: 3ft (91cm)
- Suitable for pots, containers, borders & cutting
- Measurements are approximate
- Images courtesy of David Austin® Roses