Emily Brontë® (Ausearnshaw) is a charming medium English shrub rose bred by David Austin® in a 6 litre pot. Named to celebrate the bicentenary of the birth of the famous author Emily Brontë.
It has a bushy upright habit and tidy flat bloom that turns from soft pink to deep apricot through the season. This rose has a strong tea scent which gradually turns to Old Rose and evokes a lemon and grapefruit scent.
Ideal for a pot or container and this rose will also look beautiful in a rose border or combined with other plants in mixed borders. If planting in a border, we recommend planting in groups of the same variety for an impressive display, year after year. This beautiful English shrub rose is suitable for all soil types, prefers full sun or partial shade and makes a great rose for cutting too.
Use David Austin® Mycorrhizal Fungi to help establish roots and encourage good plant health. We also recommend regular feeding, once in late March/early April and again in July with David Austin® Rose Food. Pruning should be done at the start of the year in January or February and after the first summer of flowers, you can cut back all stems to 12″-18″ (30-45cm) from the ground. In the next two years prune back to half its height and after five years only cut back by a third.
Whilst this rose is in flower, we suggest regular deadheading to encourage new bud growth, so you can enjoy beautiful fragrant blooms.
- Medium English shrub rose bred by David Austin® (2018)
- 6 litre pot
- Soft pink & apricot blooms
- Flowers June – September (repeat)
- Neat, flat blooms
- Strong Tea to Old Rose fragrance
- Position in a sheltered in full sun or partial shade (East, South, West facing)
- Suitable for all soil types
- Height: 4ft (122cm) & Spread: 3.5ft (107cm)
- Suitable for hedges, border, pots & containers
- Measurements are approximate
- Images courtesy of David Austin® Roses