Charlotte® (Auspoly) is a pretty medium upright English shrub rose bred by David Austin® in a 6 litre pot. Named after one of David Austin’s grand-daughters.
It has a compact and bushy habit and bears buds tinged with red. Buds open to attractive soft yellow rosette cups and produce a light to medium traditional tea scent.
Ideal for a pot or container, this rose also looks beautiful in a rose border or combined with other plants in mixed borders. If planting in a border, we recommend planting in groups of the same variety for an impressive display, year after year. This beautiful English shrub rose is suitable for all soil types and prefers full sun.
Use David Austin® Mycorrhizal Fungi to help establish roots and encourage good plant health. We also recommend regular feeding, once in late March/early April and again in July with David Austin® Rose Food. Pruning should be done at the start of the year in January or February and after the first summer of flowers, you can cut back all stems to 12″- 18″ (30- 45cm) from the ground. Over the next two years, prune back to half its height and after five years only cut back by a third.
Whilst this rose is in flower, we suggest regular deadheading to encourage new bud growth, so you can enjoy beautiful fragrant blooms.
- Medium English Shrub Rose bred by David Austin® (1993)
- 6 litre pot
- Classic medium to large soft yellow cups, with many petals open to rosettes with a button eye
- Flowers from June until September (repeats)
- Light-medium tea fragrance
- Position in a sheltered location in full sun or partial shade (East, South or West facing)
- Suitable for all soil types
- Height: 3.5ft (110cm) & Spread: 3ft (90cm)
- Suitable for pots, containers & borders
- Measurements are approximate