Geoff Hamilton® (Ausham) is a strong and reliable English shrub rose bred by David Austin® in a 6 litre pot. Named after the well known local garden expert.
It has glossy dark green foliage and a bushy upright habit. It will repeat flower throughout the season, with beautiful soft pink cupped rosettes and has an old rose scent.
Ideal for a pot or container, this rose will also look beautiful in a rose border or combined with other plants in mixed borders. If planting in a border, we recommend planting in groups of the same variety for an impressive display, year after year. This beautiful English shrub rose is suitable for all soil types, prefers full sun or partial shade.
Use David Austin® Mycorrhizal Fungi to help establish roots and encourage good plant health. We also recommend regular feeding, once in late March/early April and again in July with David Austin® Rose Food. Pruning should be done at the start of the year in January or February and after the first summer of flowers, you can cut back all stems to 12″-18″ (30-45cm) from the ground. In the following, second to fourth years, this rose can be pruned back to half its height and after five years only cut back by a third.
Whilst this rose is in flower, we suggest regular deadheading to encourage new bud growth, so you can enjoy beautiful fragrant blooms.
- English Shrub Rose bred by David Austin® (1997)
- 6 litre pot
- Soft Pink cupped rosettes
- Flowers from June – September (repeats)
- Old rose scent
- Position in a sheltered location in full sun or partial shade (East, South or West facing)
- Suitable for all soil types
- Height: 4ft (125cm) & Spread: 3ft (100cm)
- Suitable for pots, containers, borders
- Measurements are approximate
- Excellent disease resistance
- Images courtesy of David Austin® Roses