Darcey Bussell® (Ausdecorum) is a striking upright medium English shrub rose bred by David Austin® in a 6 litre pot. Named after the well known British ballerina.
It has a compact and bushy habit. Blooms medium to large rich crimson-pink rosettes with deep mauve tinges, when the petals are ready to drop. This rose has a light-medium fruity scent.
Ideal for a pot or container, this rose will also look beautiful in a rose border or combined with other plants in mixed borders. If planting in a border, we recommend planting in groups of the same variety for an impressive display, year after year. This beautiful English shrub rose is suitable for all soil types, prefers full sun or partial shade and makes a great rose for cutting too.
Use David Austin® Mycorrhizal Fungi to help establish roots and encourage good plant health. We also recommend regular feeding, once in late March/early April and again in July with David Austin® Rose Food. Pruning should be done at the start of the year in January or February and after the first summer of flowers, you can cut back all stems to 12″-18″ (30-45cm) from the ground. In the following, second to fourth years, this rose can be pruned back to half its height and after five years only cut back by a third.
Whilst this rose is in flower, we suggest regular deadheading to encourage new bud growth, so you can enjoy beautiful fragrant blooms.
- Rose: Medium English Shrub Rose bred by David Austin® (2006)
- Pot size: 6 litre
- Flower colour: Crimson pink
- Flowering period: June – September (repeat)
- Bloom characteristics: Medium-large rosettes
- Fragrance: Light-medium fruity scent
- Position: Sheltered in full sun or partial shade (East, South or West facing)
- Suitable soil type: All
- Height: 3.5ft (110cm) & Spread: 3.5ft (110cm)
- Suitable for: Pots, containers, borders & cutting
- Measurements are approximate
- Images courtesy of David Austin® Roses