Crocus minimus ‘Spring Beauty’ features a striking pattern on the outer petals that will surely catch the eye of visitors. The majority of the petals on this flower are a pale lilac, with the outside petals being almost white. However, they outer petals are streaked with deep purple vertical feathering.
While these can be planted in the front of borders or under a shrub or tree, it is best to plant these intriguing Crocus somewhere that they can be seen clearly. Try planting them in a patio pot at eye level, or on a kitchen windowsill so they can be enjoyed inside the home. If planting in the ground or outdoors, be sure to use a mesh basket when planting to avoid mice and squirrel attacks.
Plant these bulbs 8-10cm deep, in small groups or 2 or 3 bulbs around 3cm apart and then repeated in intervals if planting in drifts.
- Shades of purple petals with deep mauve feathering on the outer petals
- Best planted September to November
- Position in full sun
- Requires gritty, poor to moderately fertile, well-drained soil
- Flowers in February & March
- Average size: 15cm x 7cm
- Available in pack of 10 & 15 bulbs