Crocus ‘Ruby Giant’ (Tommasinianus Crocus) flowers in early spring with deep purple blooms with a pale lilac centre.
Larger than most Tommasinianus varieties, this fragrant is effective at naturalising in unmown grass, but can also happily be planted in containers or pots on a patio, or in clusters in and around specimen trees.
Plant these bulbs in gritty, moderately fertile soil that is well drained, and these robust flowers will keep returning year on year.
- Delicate deep purple flower with pale centres and golden anthers
- Best planted in September or October
- Position in full sun
- Requires gritty, well-drained soil
- Flowers February to March
- Average size: 7cm x 5cm
- Available in packs of 15 & 45 bulbs