Blooming in February and March, Crocus ‘Miss Vain’ bulbs will produce beautiful creamy white flowers with prominent orange anthers, adding a touch of elegance to any garden.
A member of the RHS Plants for Pollinators collection, these crocus bulbs will grow to a height of around 8cm.
These spring flowering bulbs are ideal for planting in borders, window boxes, rockeries and walkways. They will also naturalise excellently on a lawn or verge to create drifts of golden yellow.
These plants are loved by pollinating insects, but the bulbs can be interfered with by mice or squirrels. To avoid this, lay chicken wire on top of the bulbs before laying down top soil.
Plant these ‘Miss Vain’ bulbs approximately 5cm deep and 5cm apart. Crocuses will grow in a wide range of soils provided there is good drainage. They like sunshine but the flowers will last longer in partial shade.
- A member of the RHS Plants for Pollinators collection
- Bulb count per pack: 12 bulbs
- Flower colour: White
- Flowering months: February, March
- Flowering height: 10cm/4″
- Hardiness: Fully hardy
- When to plant: July to October
- Planting depth: 5cm/2″
- Bulb spacing: 5cm/2″
- Soil type: Moist but well drained
- Sunlight: Full sun
- Special Features: Pollinator friendly, Ideal for pots, Scented