Plant Crocus ‘Dorothy’ from September until December for beautiful light yellow flowers with a slight bronzy outside. Part of the RHS Parts for Pollinators collection these flowers will attract bees and other large pollinators to the garden.
These spring flowering bulbs will grow to a compact height of around 8cm making them ideal for planting in borders, window boxes, rockeries and walkways during autumn.
We recommend planting together, or with other bright flowers, in a mixture of colours for maximum impact.
Plant these bulbs approximately 5cm deep and 5cm apart. Crocus will grow in a wide range of soils provided there is good drainage. They like sunshine but the flowers will last longer in partial shade.
When planting, place wire netting just under the soil surface to prevent mice or squirrels eating the corms.
- A member of the RHS Plants for Pollinators collection
- Bulb count per pack: 15 bulbs
- Flower colour: Yellow
- Flowering months: February, March
- Flowering height: 8cm/3″
- Hardiness: Fully hardy
- When to plant: July to October
- Planting depth: 5cm/2″
- Bulb spacing: 5cm/2″
- Soil type: Moist but well drained
- Sunlight: Full sun
- Special Features: Pollinator friendly, Ideal for pots, Scented