Clematis ‘Tranquilité’ (3 litre pot) is a deciduous climbing Clematis with subtle pale mauve-blue-white blooms. It uses twining leaf stalks to climb supporting structures and in the autumn some Clematis produce pretty feathery seed heads.
This Clematis has a compact habit, so it is suitable for smaller gardens and pots. It will take up to five years to achieve full height and spread and is suitable for wall sides, trellis and containers, which can be north facing or shaded.
Plant the Clematis deep into fertile ground or a container with good compost, to avoid disease problems such as wilt and root rot.
When planting in soil, we recommend a depth of twice the height of the pot provided to ground level and always plant at an angle and towards the supporting structure, as well using support wires or framework to the wall or structure you intend to grow it against.
Remember to mulch in late winter and before new growth begins in early spring, we recommend cutting back the previous year’s stems to buds (approximately 8 inches /20cm above soil level).
We hope you enjoy this pretty Clematis and more choices are available in our Climbers range.
- 3 litre potted Clematis ‘Tranquilité’ (Evipo103)
- Pale mauve-blue-white flower
- Compact small climber
- Height up to: 4.9ft (1.5m)
- Spread up to: 3ft (1m)
- Suitable for outdoor walls, large pots & trellis frames
- Full shade or full & partial sunlight (North, South, East or West facing)
- Plant in exposed or sheltered areas
- Plant deep and angle towards supporting structure
- Prone to wilt & powdery mildew & insects such as aphids & caterpillars
- Prefers moist, well-drained soil
- Soil pH: Acid, Alkaline, Neutral
- Tolerates most soil types
- Measurements are approximate