Clematis ‘Nelly Moser’ is a deciduous climber of medium size and blooms from early summer until late autumn. It’s very eye-catching and has large, flat, single star-shaped flowers, which have light-lilac petals which gradually darken to pink central bars.
This Clematis uses twining leaf stalks to climb support structures and enjoys full or partial sunlight and can be positioned in any direction.
It will take up to five years to achieve full height and spread, and it can be grown in containers, against pergolas, trellis and walls.
Plant the Clematis deep into fertile ground or a container with good compost, to avoid disease problems such as wilt and root rot.
When planting in the ground, we recommend a depth of twice the height of the pot provided to ground level and always plant at an angle and towards the supporting structure, as well providing support wires or framework to the wall or structure you intend to grow it against.
Remember to mulch in late winter and before new growth begins in early spring, we recommend cutting back the previous year’s stems to buds (approximately 8 inches /20cm above soil level).
Please browse our Climbers range for more Clematis inspiration.
- 3 litre potted Clematis ‘Nelly Moser’
- Large flat star-shaped flowers – pale lilac to pink
- Compact climber
- Height up to: 8.2ft (2.5m)
- Spread up to: 3.2ft (1m)
- Suitable for containers, walls, trellis or frames
- Full or partial sunlight (North, South, East or West facing)
- Plant in exposed or sheltered areas
- Plant deep and angle towards supporting structure
- Prone to wilt, powdery mildew, slugs, snails, aphids & caterpillars
- Prefers moist, well-drained soil
- Soil pH: Alkaline, Neutral
- Measurements are approximate