Clematis Ice Blue ‘Evipo003’ is a deciduous climber with large star-shaped flowers. This is an early bloomer and you can often enjoy seeing a second flower display in late summer. It is an interesting climber as the early summer flowers are white with pale blue, but change with the second blooms being smaller with pale blue to white petals.
This Clematis uses twining leaf stalks to climb a supporting structure and enjoys full or partial sun and most aspects – South, West or East facing.
It will take up to five years to achieve full height and spread and it can be grown in containers, against pergolas, trellis and walls.
Plant the Clematis deep into fertile ground or a container with good compost, to avoid disease problems such as wilt and root rot.
When planting in the ground, we recommend a depth of twice the height of the pot provided to ground level and always plant at an angle and towards the supporting structure, as well providing support wires or framework to the wall or structure you intend to grow it against.
Remember to mulch in late winter and before new growth begins in early spring, we recommend cutting back the previous year’s stems to buds (approximately 8 inches /20cm above soil level).
Please browse our Climbers range for more Clematis inspiration.
- 3 litre potted Clematis Ice Blue ‘Evipo003’
- First blooms: white to pale blue larger flowers
- Second blooms: pale blue to white smaller flowers
- Medium size climber
- Height up to: 8.2ft (2.5m)
- Spread up to: 3.2ft (1m)
- Suitable for containers, walls, trellis or frames
- Full and partial sunlight (South, West or East facing)
- Plant in exposed or sheltered areas
- Plant deep and angle towards supporting structure
- Prone to wilt, powdery mildew, slugs, snails, aphids & caterpillars
- Prefers moist, well-drained soil
- Soil pH: Alkaline, Neutral
- Measurements are approximate