Clematis ‘Doctor Ruppel’ is an early bloomer and bears large star-shaped flowers in early summer and will often repeat flower later in the summer. It provides an eye-catching display thanks to the interesting petal colours which are pale pink to deep pink on the central bar.
This Clematis is a deciduous climber that uses twining leaf stalks to climb supporting structures and enjoys South, West or East aspects. It will take up to 5 years to achieve full height and spread. It is great for growing against tall walls, trellis and anything that can support it’s spread and height.
Plant the Clematis deep into fertile ground to avoid disease problems such as wilt and root rot.
When planting in soil, we recommend a depth of twice the height of the pot provided to ground level and always plant at an angle and towards the supporting structure, as well providing support wires or framework to the wall or structure you intend to grow it against.
Remember to mulch in late winter and before new growth begins in early spring, we recommend cutting back the previous year’s stems to buds (approximately 8 inches /20cm above soil level).
We hope you enjoy this pretty Clematis and more choices are available in our Climbers range.
- 3 litre potted Clematis ‘Doctor Ruppel’
- Changing colour from dusky lilac-mauve to dusky pink flowers over time
- Large climber
- Height up to: 13ft (4m)
- Spread up to: 8.2ft (2.5m)
- Suitable for outdoor walls and large support trellis or frame
- Full & partial sunlight (South, East or West facing)
- Plant in exposed or sheltered areas
- Plant deep and angle towards supporting structure
- Prone to wilt & powdery mildew, slugs, snails, aphids & caterpillars
- Prefers moist, well-drained soil
- Soil pH: Alkaline, Neutral
- Tolerates most soil types
- Measurements are approximate